Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

That's me, banging my head on a brick wall. I shouldn't be writing this today, it's going to sound whiny, deeply wallowy. (I do like inventing words....)

Let's start with fibre stuff. The strip waistcoat, in fact. Having had a lot of good vibes about it, I decided last night that I needed to start sewing the strips together, to make sure that I got the back the right width (I have finished the pieces for the fronts and sides.) So, there I sits, a-sewing. The first attempt, the pieces are puckering, I've stretched one bit too much. So, rrrriipp - carefully - and I redo it. Much, much better - except that, on a slightly closer inspection, I have placed one piece upside down relative to the other. Oh, fuckin' ada.....I take a deep breath, rriipp again - and walk away for a while. I really, really want to get something passable at the end of this, so I need to take it slow and steady and be prepared to work to get it right (and here was I thinking this was meant to be fun.....)

So, what is really the matter, then? Well, it's the day after the US election and here we are again, cliff-hanger time. Ohio this time. And the end result will be the same, the modern American equivalent of Archie Andrews will be leader of the free world (sic) and how I do wish someone would educate him. I cannot bear the thought that all those evil men will still be twitching the strings, tweaking the beliefs of way too many people, wielding the decision of life or death or something unspeakable in between for so many. Oh, I feel so badly about it all that I can't bring myself to go on about it any more. It's the powerlessness that gets us, eh? Hence the thunk, thunk, thunk. They know what they are doing, but I remain convinced that the majority of those who vote for them do not. Aaargh.

I need to go away and focus on something good. Cats, a tasty meal, a warm fire, a spindle, some soft and silky fibre. The good things in life are very simple and do not have to involve vast amounts of money or power over others. I wish our brave and fearless leaders understood that. In that sense, I feel sorry for them.

gw

No comments: