Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I know I said I wouldn't......

....mention the p(hot0graph) word again, I mean.
But yesterday, Freyalyn told me she had started a blog and just been able to do the upload bit without any difficulty, so I thought I would try again, but via Internet Explorer.
Nothing, nada, zip. As they say. After tomorrow, I might try downloading Mozilla and see if that helps.

And now I will go silent on that score again.

I have been doing a quick trawl through my favourite blogs. Blogging is proving very interesting, in more ways than one. I have been beating myself up for not posting regularly enough. Ahem - I am at least as frequent as most and much more so than many. Not that this is a contest, no really, I don't do competition. But it is a useful window to reappraise myself through from time to time.

I have been putting the finishing touches to organising stuff for the Knitting and Stitching Show, we are setting up tomorrow. I came to the conclusion that I had been stressing about it more than I might, and finally had the break-through thought as to maybe why - it is reminding me of the dread Exhibition debacle. By which I don't mean the Exhibition was, but the total lack of support from the Association during the gruesome later stages. Talk about being shafted by all and sundry - no, that isn't true, I had lots of tea and sympathy not to mention solid practical help from everyone around here, but the heirarchy.....I don't very often let myself revisit all this, it is after all a long time ago. But just occasionally it surfaces, as things do. Not quite finished with yet!

I am still stalling on projects in hand. Decided to go with the corkscrew scarf yesterday and today, as I am all to well aware that the waistcoat is going to need a bit of frogging and maybe rethinking. I have run out of the purple yarn for the scarf! This lengthways version eats the stuff. But I have some multi-coloured which I think will do for the final row or two, and be a reasonable "design feature". I should with a bit of luck finish spinning the well-aged very fine merino tonight, and then I think I might spin the autumn colourway batts I brought back from SOAR to do a domino knit piece with. The scarf might, just might get done, too, although the rows are so long now, that they seem to take forever, so - perhaps not! For demo-ing at the K&S, I am going to take my Bosworth charka, and my new Forrester spindle, on which I am spinning some of the merino and tencel, which is coming up very nicely. Hot pink. For socks.

I cooked a killer supper last night. The Rose Eliot chunky nut and vegetable roast (I hardly ever do nut roasts, and this one is particurly easy, and good to vary a little) with mushroom and red wine gravy, turnips (the little white ones) glazed with butter, honey and tamari, and steamed broccoli. I still like Rose Eliot - I see she has a new collection coming out for Christmas. Do I need another cookery book? Having come back from the States with all three volumes of Bloodroot's "Political Palate", probably not! Actually, I did a great recipe from one of those the night before. Can't remember what the dish is called, but basically sauerkraut and pasta - sounds weird, but it is actually fabulous! Trouble is, what to do tonight.......


H'mm. I've stayed in Internet Explorer to do this post, and now I find it won't allow me to spell-check. What the f...? So I will leave this in it's raw and unrevised state. Wanna make something of it, eh? Heh.

gw

No comments: