Saturday, November 20, 2004

snowsnowsnowsnowsnow.....

Met the coven for lunch on Thursday (very nice Italian courtesy of Freyalyn). Is it going to snow, they said, no, we said, only in Scotland. Got back home, raised up mine eyes, and Lo! The tops were white. And by the time I got into the Midgehole road, there were great big splatters on the windscreen.
Friday morning, and off to AH teaching, and had to wok hard to defrost the car. It was a gorgeous morning, crisp, cold, blue sky, sunshine. I LOVE the dry cold, I was as happy as a clam. Went the day well? Pretty much. They liked, I think, my rapid run-through of woollen, worsted &etc. And I spent a lot of time in the afternoon with the beginners, which was good. Nice day.
Guild today. Another cold, clear day, I love it! And another goood day. Pleasant talk, if not wildly useful, but she was an entertaining speaker, started at the beginning and went on until the end without too many diversions - had lunch downstairs with her and a nice bunch of fellow members, everyone seemed quite happy, which given the life'slittleproblems that some have just at the minute was a distinct bonus. Sold some merino/tencel and some spindles, plus a little bit more of the Rovings stuff. How I love to fibre-enable!!
All I managed to do was to spindle spin with my new Forrester, some hot pink merino and tencel, which is working out just fine. But I need to get stuck in to some serious fibre work. Sylvia on FU had a really heart-felt post about this - not being able to do her real work and the effect it had on her - to which lots of folk, myself included, could really relate. (I can see myself coming back to that at some point soon.)
Good few days, though.

gw

No comments: