Thursday, August 05, 2004

Today's the day........

.....to finally do what I have twitched on about for ages, and get started with the blogging.
Why? Goddess knows. Actually, part of the reason is to set out publically some of the notions I come up with about possible projects so that I might actually DO some of them.
So, nag me. Assuming that anyone actually finds and reads this one day, if you see that I have put an idea in to print, get on my back. What? How's it going? Have you finished it yet? If not, why not? And so on, get the picture. Only, nag nice, I occasionally bite

First promise. I WILL take photographs, and I WILL learn how to insert them into blog.

(Did I say when? But I will.)

I should have said, of course - this is a fibre blog. I work with fibre. Fleece, silk, cotton. whatever. You name it, I spin it. It's after that the problems occur. I DO start things, less often finish them, even more rarely, like them. It is going to be different from here on in - well, a little bit anyway.

I dye stuff, too. Most often with natural dyes, which I will bring up here from time to time. I would have started this blog on 1st August, but for the small matter of a workshop I was teaching yesterday and was, as usual, panicking about. It Went Well. Actually, very well, best yet. Partly because the participants were textile people and well motivated, but partly because I Did A Good Job. (There, another reason to blog, to be my own cheerleader.) I've got another one similar on Saturday, and I Will remember to take the digital camera, and post pictures - at some point.

Just to warn you - I knit, crochet, felt and (barely) weave as well. I will bore the world rigid about all of these things and more as time goes by.

No comments: