Thursday, August 05, 2004

I still seem to be here....

Despite forgetting my username. So I had to change my password, which is a pain. Ah, well, one of these days soon, I will accept that the memory ain't as good as it should be!

I wish to report that I have finished spinning the llama and silk that I brought back from Colorado last month. There was about a pound of it, and it is very nice, even if substandard for the Rocky Mountain Llama Fiber Pool! I also have a whole batch of very nice alpaca spun up and the intention is to dye it all with indigo, and make yet another waistcoat.

Following on from the brightly coloured shawl (yes, a picture would be good here, just be patient!), I have "kite" shapes in mind - not the pointy ones, square or rectangular ones, with long strips coming off them. It occurs to me that I have been fascinated with strips, streamers, slits and so on for ages. Time to really get to work on it.

Now, I need to vent a bit, and here is as good a place as any. It is the Association of guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers Exhibition at the moment. I just heard last night that the work of a friend of mine has been refused, and I just can't believe it. She won a place in the cat=walk fashion show at Convergence, and a special award for the excellence of her handspinning. And back home, what? Nothing. I have seen the pieces in question, and they are exquisite, superb craftspersonship. Whoever our selectors were - well, they have rocks in their collective heads.

So, shoot me!

No comments: