Saturday, July 16, 2005

PO'd...or maybe not.

I'm supposed to be on my way to a Guild meeting as I speak - but my back has decided to go a little iffy on me, as it does from time to time, and at the last minute I felt that I couldn't cope with an entire day on one of those awful orange plastic chairs, known the whole world over as the last thing suitable for any back no matter how healthy! In fact, it was spinning on one of those, albeit in the grey incarnation, but same diff, that started this latest bout. I Should Know Better. I had intended not to do today's workshop, something about weaving with laminated images, but to spend the day chatting with a number of well-known reprobates. Which would have been nice, but hey, 'tis life. What shall I do instead......

Apart from slightly buggering my back spinning - still the grey Falklands, still intending to do a sweater, design as yet still undrawn - little fibre work. I have been beading. The weather cooled and greyed, so I felt able to hunch under my good light indoors and start a blue herringbone spiral, probably aimed at being a necklace for my mother. The "probably" being because she has requested that she be able to take it on and off over her head without undoing a clasp, a reasonable request given her age and small amount of arthritis, clasps are very fiddly. And I am not as yet experienced enough to know how many beads I need for a project unless it is a "recipe". Silly picture - one session's progress marked:

spiral

slightly fuzzy, but a record made.

Speaking of beads, and fuzzy....I did recently what I rarely do, and bought a bead kit, over the internet, from the US. A SOAR friend is marketing her designs through a company that makes up the kits, and I fell in love with this (and, oh buggrit, in checking the link, I saw this
which may just take care of my birthday (up-coming) money.) Mind you, if I do, I must remember to tell the person mailing it out just how inexpensive it is, as I got whacked dam' near a quarter of the value in duty and charges, the swine. So that is me happily occupied with beads for the foreseeable future, not to mention that I also yesterday re-started the pearl bracelet that has so far defeated me, which I Do Not Like. But this is the last attempt, I do know when to stop - although so far, with an extra seed bead or three to act as a "stop" bead from time to time, so.....ok.

Right, so not quite ten ack emma, and I need coffee. And occupation for the rest of the day whilst the DSM is out. What to do, what to do.......

Ah, wait!

Was there not a parcel this morning, I do seem to recall ( and the postman making rude comments about me getting two until I a) explained and b) threatened to turn him into a toad) So there was.

And I do most faithfully promise that I did not skive off guild just so that I could read the new Harry Potter in peace..

Really and truly.

Cross my heart....

&etc.

gw


who has just done a spell check....heh heh heh.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

The spiral beading is looking good so far, hope your mum likes it.
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)
http://beadinginfo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! I have a suggestion for the "fidley" clasps. They now have these clasps that are magnets. KInda cool really. They just pop together and are prettys strong, but not so strong that you can't pull them apart. Might be something to look into for your Mom's necklace. Good luck, Keep beading, ~Peace, Nita/Talking Woman