Friday, May 13, 2005

Bon voyage

OK, so I had intended to provide a number of cutesy photos of packing progress, but - no time, and too, um, icky anyway.

I have packed my orange-tones garter stitch shawl to finish; the green socks ditto; and a large plastic ex-Quality Street box with A Lot of beads in it. I am reckoning that that will provide me with fun, amusement and occupation whilst I relax in the warmer climes - and rain - of South Western France.

Rumour has it that I may have internet access while I am away; if that means a wireless network or an access point in the gite, that's no use as I Do Not Have A Laptop. But if it means that the owners have a pc for public consumption, then I may just sneak on once or twice and record how many interesting wines we have found, or types of olive, or what birds we have seen (I am hoping for hoopoes). I won't be able to post pics as I Do Not Have A Camera Phone. Now, there's a relief.....

I hate this stage - as much as can be prepared and packed is dealt with, and we are now just hanging. Apart from going out this evening, of course - dinner at the Mumtaz (we often eat out the night before a trip, it's becoming a ritual) and then the opening of the Guild exhibition alongside the Jerwood furniture prize exhibition. Pics of that later.

Much later.

1 comment:

Charleen said...

Have a wonderful trip! Hopefully you're packing your camera, I'm counting on some pictures.