Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Do you see what I see?

As I may have said before, on the way to Cornwall at Christmas, I bought yarn to finally start on a Swirl jacket. And I did. Cast on (which takes a long time) . Knit the recommended three rows before attempting to join in to a round. Because this is a very, very, very LONG row, enlisted the help of the DSM and Dsis plus several circs to get the thing as extended as possible, and then to make sure it was straight before joining. All this done, I was off!

At this point, I discovered that at least for the body, this is actually quite a boring knit. But I took it with me to knit group the other Sunday, and kind of got my groove back. Suddenly, it was going well.

Twisted swirl

I imagine you can see where this is going. Even if you can't see the picture all that clearly.

I can hardly bear to write it.

It is twisted. The difficulty I had been experiencing in moving the stitches as I knit was not, as I had thought, because there were so many stitches on the circ. How I do so wish. No, despite all our best efforts, I managed to twist the row, and I have a Moebius Swirl.

Except, I don't think that will work well as a jacket.

I am distraught.

Now I have blogged, I will soon have frogged.

1 comment:

Solstice Yarns said...

Awww Carol. I feel for you. Onwards and upwards. xxx