Sunday, December 27, 2009

As the snow melts....

I am so very glad that we went out for a walk on Christmas Day!













The woods were incredibly beautiful. But cold, so it was good to get back to the cottage!

But this was probably the best view, and my favourite photograph.



Not long after we got back from our walk, our younger visitors trudged down the lane through the snow to our door, which was lovely. Then we feasted, and then we relaxed in front of Dr Who. (I'm reserving judgement.)

We have eaten and drunken with commendable moderation, visited my mother, read a lot, knitted (and unknitted, in my case, as I spotted a major error in "Birch", now restored) and spun. This latter in the middle of the night, sadly, as I'm having One Of Those Spells.

Other than that, it is all good. The bright window in the dark of the year works its magic well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! Happy Holidays!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful photos, nothing is as magical as a white Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for that. We didn't (and still don't ) have snow and it just doesn't feel like Winter without it. :)