Thursday, November 12, 2009

One eye slowly opens.........

So, there I was on the sofa on Saturday moaning to the DSM that I would feel that I had flu if I were running a temperature, and he was replying that well, that was a good thing and at least it couldn't be swine flu....

Which indeed it may not have been. Only - loads of people who were at SOAR have been reporting in that they have actually tested positive for H1N1. And giving their symptoms. Which match mine, precisely.

Ah.

We shall never know. What I do know is that I have been feeling like death, and am only just really coming round. Temp or no, H1N1 or no, I shall surely be glad when this finally passes. Gilt well off holiday gingerbread, and game less worth the candle than heretofore.

Expletives.

Before I lose all enthusiasm, final round up.

gownless evening strap

My friend Jeannine modelling her gownless evening strap at the SOAR fashion Show. The girl has talent. For something.

Sunset

I hadn't thought that this would come out at all. I have tweaked it a little with Photoshop to get it slightly closer to what I remember seeing. Glorious.

Aspen

I fell in love with aspens, and particularly loved the trunks like these. There has to be inspiration for something in there somewhere.

Then there were other trees....

O tannenbaum?

Now, that is a Christmas tree!

Crater Lake

Crater Lake

Couple of shots from up at Crater Lake after leaving Bend. Like, wow.

Pleasant drive back to SF, and a final couple of lovely days with friends. The warmth of the weather and of the welcome both will stay with me all winter long.

I spent the long flight back quietly planning in my head all the nice things I was going to do over the next few weeks - I always come back with projects simmering even if most of them don't ever really fly. This time, though, my project is to simply recover. I am slowly improving, and have finally, finally, trawled through the loot. Now to work up some enthusiasm for doing something with it.

I have come back to mixed fortunes, anyway, some good news, some less so. many things to get my head around. First up, once my head clears a bit more, an article to write, and a proposal to get in; and I have a meeting on Monday to talk about something local that might prove to be both enjoyable and interesting.

There, if I can contemplate such, then all is not lost!

One final photograph. We drove up to Grizzly Peak on our last afternoon, and I took this directly in to the sun. Again, I've tweaked it in Photoshop, the graininess is deliberate. To me, views over the Bay are magical, and I love this. It is real - it is what I can see in my head.

From Grizzly Peak

And here, at home? It is dark and it is raining and I need another cup of tea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are starting to feel better
i got a similar crud the day after we got back and am starting to fee a little human again but coughing a lot
like you i don't know what this was but i am glad it is over
the hand sanitizer i carried in my pocket and used continually obviously didn't work so don't waste your money on them
lisa will not be moving to the states-my heart is broken
hope your recovery is rapid from now on
new projects sound intriguing
pictures glorious
love to you Pete and the loveys
cheers
me

kim said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Nancy said...

Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit more like looking ahead; the crud must be finally on the retreat. I'm finally getting there as well. Whatever it was, that was a nasty bug I hope we never have to meet again!
Jeannine's gownless evening strap was definitely my favorite part of the fashion show as well!

Sara said...

Flu symptoms from the CDC website:
You may have the flu if you have some or all of these symptoms:

fever *
cough
sore throat
runny or stuffy nose
body aches
headache
chills
fatigue
sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.

beadlizard said...

We all got H1N1. Doc didn't bother testing since we were textbook cases. DD's back in bed with a fever again today. She's been sick for over six weeks!

Very glad you're feeling better.

Janet said...

Talking with my family members on the East and West Coasts of America, it sounds as if swine really is of epidemic proportions there. Symptoms sound very like the way you've been feeling. I'm going to try and contact my doctor on Monday and get an injection. Janet in Dublin

Dorothy said...

I hope you feel a bit better now! Sorry that your holiday was marred by illness.