Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Better

I sidetracked myself from the seaside amulet bag by deciding to finish this knitted cuff that I started last Thursday. It is a huge improvement on the first one I attempted, mostly because I realised that it would look neater if I slipped the first stitch on every row. And also because I realised that I needed to count stitches obsessively to avoid too much wavering around the edges. What shifting dimension that you see is caused by tension alone - lawd, ain't that the truth!

Anyway, I rather like this, so much so that I want to do more, but these have even for me just not quite enough challenge. So I paid a quick visit to Amazon yesterday. I am being so bad at the moment, and do not care one jot or tittle. Call it Spring Fever. I do need to sharpen up on fastenings, although I think my improvised loop-and-bead mechanism will work ok.

Please ignore all blotches on the hand. It's the camera angle. It's the light. Nothing whatever to do with....well, the a word.

knitted wire bracelet

knitted wire bracelet

While I worked on this, I listened to podcasts. Now, I am a great fan of podcasts. Usually. But I seemed to light today on a couple that got right up my nose. fibre ones, too, I haven't been paddling in the shallows of anything untoward. For one thing, both the ones I tried were done by people (and I am not going to say which ones I am talking about) who had voices that reminded me of that woman on Friends whose name escapes me for the moment...you know, Chandler's girlfriend who keep saying "Oh. My. Gahd." and got us all at it. Well, me, anyway. Not a good sound.

Then there was the content. Meandering, fibre-lite, not particularly informative, and if you don;t get that you need humour or something else to take its place, and actually not all that accurate in some bits. Ah, well, I suppose it was bound to happen.

Spent the rest of the afternoon taking up a skirt from the New Summer Collection - and ironing. Blech. Might be virtuous, but boring. Ipod helps.

No comments: