Tuesday, November 15, 2011

As the world turns

Just a short and personal post.

My mother died last Wednesday evening. It has taken this long to write about it for a variety of reasons - being shell-shocked, even though we did know it was only a matter of time, minor glitches in the administrative procedures and other necessary arrangements, getting the news to the people who mattered.

But yesterday, Pennie and I spent a long and exhausting day in York doing the last of the things that needed doing; and today I made the last of the phonecalls. The funeral is next week.

So here we are. I am, I think, going to give myself a brief sabbatical from the blog. I feel that I would like a period of quiet, some gentle reflection. We are in the run up to Christmas, so there are a few extra things to do, and the ordinary stuff goes on regardless.

Of course, who knows what will happen, I might get a burst of energy, inspiration, enthusiasm or even the odd FO. But if I don't put in an appearance here for a while, well, no need to panic.

I will return.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry, look after yourself and come back when you're ready,

Helen
x

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you.

Catherine

Cassandra said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself, do what you need to do and we'll be happy to see you back when you feel up to it.

Fluzz said...

I'm sorry she's gone Carol. Take care of yourself and ofcourse take as much time as you need. *hugs* to you and family.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Our thoughts are with you t this sad time