Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Here I sits

So, apart from a hole where a tooth used to be, I now appear to have a so far mild head cold. Ah well. All part of life's rich pattern.

What I need to do today is not actually sit here in front of the pc, but get to fibre work - it's a great opportunity. I finished the first sock last night, I would like to cast on the second, also have a go at shaping the tops of the w/c strips. Plus going through and gloating over my SOAR purchases and selecting something to spin.

I couldn't get to sleep last night, so decamped to the other room and tried out my wonderful new Forrester spindle. Wow, cor &etc. Quite wonderful. I think that spindles are getting, by and large, better and better.

I've just heard that the half New Zealand fleece I succumbed to has arrived and might be delivered to me tomorrow or Friday by Freyalyn. I do so need more fleece. Ahem. Actually, I may wash it straight away, I think the weather forecast is ok for the weekend, and it is, if I remember correctly, a rather nice white one which I could then dye. For what? Socks, domino shawl? At least I feel rather more inspired now than a few weeks ago....

But I can't settle to anything today, I'm being distracted by the slightest thing. Probably the effect of a less than perfect night's sleep. Ah, well.

gw

No comments: