Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday, Monday (again)

So, like I am supposed to be better. Indeed, I am, in the strict sense. I Am Not As Befuddled As I Was. Am I bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, glossy-coated and raring to go? Er - no. glossy-coated, actually, maybe. I went to be pruned and polished up by the hairdresser this afternoon, so I am spruce and artificially shiny for a few hours. But , hey, it is still February, the sun ain't shining, and I still have a cough.

And I am sick to death of moaning, so ...poof! Be gone.

I have finally, finally finished the Dutch Spiral bracelet. I sadly can't say that I enjoyed doing it, the tension was a bugger. In the end, I restitched over most of it when it was finished - in fact, I was so assiduous that it damn near wasn't long enough to go around my wrist, I tightened it up so much. Now, I do realise that my technique was way off, but it does seem to me that mixing beads of such very different shapes as well as sizes is something of a recipe for difficulty if not disaster. So, I will try it again, but maybe with just different sizes of seed beads or summat. I love spirals, and I love the undulating nature of this one, but it certainly didn't come easy.

What is more, I have played around with the photograph in Paperport, and it looks a little in your face. I realise that my basic problem is camera shake - if/when I get a new camera later this year, I believe that this problem has been addressed, so people looking at my digital images will no longer feel that they have been on a week-long binge, perhaps? Perhaps.

Dutch spiral bracelet

I had hoped to have finished my first knitted wire beaded cuff, but not yet. I don't like the fastening on it as per the recipe, so am thinking of a button hole and a beaded button of some sort. I found a very simple one via the internet which might do, and I have a few books I can check. Don't want to use a form, or indeed do anything at all complicated, this is just a first attempt.

I did finish plying the polwarth and silk. I did YET AGAIN (pardon the caps, but it is so STUPID) my usual mistake with very fine yarn, and did a centrepull ball for part of the plying process without putting a core in. I tell students never, ever to do this - why the FFFFF don't I tell myself??? So I have one good skein, and one full of knots and joins and bad plying and bad language. Fool. Foolfooolfoooolfooool. Idiot.

Yeah, so you see, partly better, somewhat improved.

Whatever.

1 comment:

Twelfthknit said...

Hi Carol, glad you are on the mend...
What is this 'core' for a fine yarn centre pull?
India